Five steps to a salon like finish at home
- Step 1 is to find out what products are best for your scalp and for your hair type, it may not be the generic “for dry hair” or “for frizz”, your scalp condition can be different to how your mid lengths and ends feel. Ask your hairstylist what they recommend for you and try to follow their advice. Everyones budgets are different, we suggest to start the base to your hair which is Shampoo and Conditioner. Our salons favourite is ColorWow The ultimate dream clean shampoo and Color security conditioner.
- Step 2 is your shampoo routine, this is what we reccomend:
- Rinse hair and apply a small amount of shampoo create a lather only on the scalp area
- Rinse and repeat
- Then apply to the mid lengths and ends
- Leave for a few minutes even comb through your hair with a tangle teaser
- Rinse your hair the conditioner roughly, making sure no product is left in your hair
3 now we move on to styling products, everyone has different products that work for them and their hair type. What works for your friend may not work for you. Ask your stylist on what they use and why they are using the product.
4 Choose your tools! There are lots of heat and styling tools on the market to help you get that salon like finish at home. You may find it takes a couple of tools to get the look you love, for example; for a curly blowdry or a volumised blow-dry try a hair dryer and round brush or for an easier option try a hot brush. If you love more of a straight or soft curled look, maybe try straighteners to achieve your look. Your stylist will give you tips if you ask, they want you feeling good about your hair.
5 The final tip is to practise, the saying goes “practise makes perfect” which is very true with hair styling. You may find certain ways of holding the brush and dryer help you more than they have when trying different ways.
We as stylists are always here to help you as well as offer you tips and tricks along the way.