The Salon Upstairs COVID 19 Health and Safety Strategy
During the lockdown period, the team here at The Salon Upstairs have been hard at work preparing our strategy to keep you as safe as possible when we open up again. We were delighted to hear the news that hair salons would be allowed to open from the 4th of July, and have been working around the clock to prepare a clean, safe, and hygienic space for those long awaited post-lockdown hair fixes!
Customer safety is our highest priority here at The Salon Upstairs, and it is for that reason that we have made a number of changes to the way that we operate. We are proud to announce that these changes mean we have achieved a COVID Aware Certification from the Good Salon Guide, which can only be awarded to salons with completion of a full COVID-19 Risk Assessment, full staff training relating to COVID-19 – Risk Assessment, use of PPE, sanitisation etc, regular management checks to ensure measures are in place and followed, sanitisation of the salon, including hand sanitisation for staff, clients and visitors, social distancing is in place and enforced, and full compliance with government Track and Trace Systems.
Though we hope that this certification is reassuring for our clients, we understand the importance of clearly communicating exactly what steps we have taken to minimise the risk of virus transmission at The Salon Upstairs. Before we take you through what the new procedure of visiting The Salon Upstairs will look like, we feel it important to highlight the precautions our staff will be taking. Our health and safety guidelines for our staff consist of the following:
• All staff will wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment at all times, consisting of gloves, a visor, and a protective face mask to be worn upon client request.
• Our team members’ hair will be worn up at all times, and makeup and jewellery kept to a minimum.
• Each individual client will be allocated a 3 hour slot where they will be the only person in the salon, and 30 minutes of this time will be used to fully sanitise the salon in between client visits.
• Appointments outside of working hours will be available with a surcharge of £20.
• All stock and items delivered will not enter the salon before they are fully sanitised using antibacterial wipes.
Alongside the guidelines for the staff, we ask that our clients help us to keep them safe by following our health and safety guidelines for customers. With that in mind, the following points outline what a visit to
The Salon Upstairs Visitors Procedure
• Arrive at the front door for your appointment (our services are appointment only for the time being), and wait downstairs for a member of the team to arrive. Track and trace will be in place and details will be kept on file in compliance with government guidelines.
• Though staff will be wearing the government mandated PPE at all times which includes a visor, face masks can be worn by staff upon request. Face masks will be available for clients free of charge.
• We ask that clients wash their hands on arrival using the provided antibacterial soap for a minimum of 25 seconds.
• We ask that clients do not bring bags to their appointment, and do not bring anyone with them without notifying the salon beforehand. A copy of the government guidelines for indoor spaces will be available upon request.
• One of our team members will perform a head temperature check and then take you upstairs to the salon, where you will be asked to fill in a short COVID-19 screen test questionnaire.
• Consultations will be carried out using a mirror to minimise face-to-face contact, with the team member standing behind the client.
• One client will be in the salon at a time for at least the initial opening period, with 1-2 members of staff, all in compliance with government social distancing guidelines.
• Hairdressing will be carried out to industry standards and the very best of our ability as before.
• We are delighted to say that we will still be offering refreshments in disposable containers, using eco-friendly materials where possible. Magazines will no longer be offered as they increase the risk of virus spread.
• Noise will be minimised within the salon and music kept low to decrease loud conversations that may contribute to virus spread.
• Stock will still be available to be bought in the salon, simply ask a member of our team if you would like to purchase an item.
• Cash and card will both be accepted as payment, and both will be taken in a separate desk area by a separate member of staff.
• If clients wish to use the bathroom, we ask that they ask a team member. The disposable towels provided must be used and then placed in the bathroom bin, and after every use a member of the team will sanitise the bathroom immediately.
Whilst these restrictions may seem over-zealous and complicated, we kindly request each of our clients to follow them to the best of their ability. We understand that coming in to a hair salon for the first time after the lockdown can be a nerve-wracking experience, which is why we have done our very best to ensure our guidelines minimise the risk as much as possible.
Though the circumstances may have changed slightly, we are delighted to welcome clients back to The Salon Upstairs, and we hope that our precautions will enable you to have a stress-free visit and an enjoyable experience.