The Salon Upstairs Visitors Procedure
• Arrive at the front door for your appointment (our services are appointment only for the time being), and wait downstairs for a member of the team to arrive. Track and trace will be in place and details will be kept on file in compliance with government guidelines.
• Though staff will be wearing the government mandated PPE at all times which includes a visor, face masks can be worn by staff upon request. Face masks will be available for clients free of charge.
• We ask that clients wash their hands on arrival using the provided antibacterial soap for a minimum of 25 seconds.
• We ask that clients do not bring bags to their appointment, and do not bring anyone with them without notifying the salon beforehand. A copy of the government guidelines for indoor spaces will be available upon request.
• One of our team members will perform a head temperature check and then take you upstairs to the salon, where you will be asked to fill in a short COVID-19 screen test questionnaire.
• Consultations will be carried out using a mirror to minimise face-to-face contact, with the team member standing behind the client.
• One client will be in the salon at a time for at least the initial opening period, with 1-2 members of staff, all in compliance with government social distancing guidelines.
• Hairdressing will be carried out to industry standards and the very best of our ability as before.
• We are delighted to say that we will still be offering refreshments in disposable containers, using eco-friendly materials where possible. Magazines will no longer be offered as they increase the risk of virus spread.
• Noise will be minimised within the salon and music kept low to decrease loud conversations that may contribute to virus spread.
• Stock will still be available to be bought in the salon, simply ask a member of our team if you would like to purchase an item.
• Cash and card will both be accepted as payment, and both will be taken in a separate desk area by a separate member of staff.
• If clients wish to use the bathroom, we ask that they ask a team member. The disposable towels provided must be used and then placed in the bathroom bin, and after every use a member of the team will sanitise the bathroom immediately.
Whilst these restrictions may seem over-zealous and complicated, we kindly request each of our clients to follow them to the best of their ability. We understand that coming in to a hair salon for the first time after the lockdown can be a nerve-wracking experience, which is why we have done our very best to ensure our guidelines minimise the risk as much as possible.
Though the circumstances may have changed slightly, we are delighted to welcome clients back to The Salon Upstairs, and we hope that our precautions will enable you to have a stress-free visit and an enjoyable experience.